EcoTech Marine VorTech MP40wQD Propeller Pump w/ Wireless QuietDrive Driver
The Vortech MP40 has been completely redesigned: including a new QuietDrive Driver, dryside, wetside and power supply. The VorTech is no less amazing today than when it was first revolutionized the aquarium hobby. Three generation of pumps, over a decade of flow production, and tens of thousands of healthy aquariums are a testament to this uniquely designed powerhead.
In an aquarium, having the right amount of flow is crucial to the health of the ecosystem. With VorTech QuietDrive, choosing the correct water circulation equipment has never been easier.
VorTech pumps are designed by aquarists to be the gold standard in providing flow in marine aquariums. When it comes to broad yet gentle flow, the VorTech design is unmatched and creates:
- Massive natural gyre of water movement
- No coral damaging "hot spots"
- Tank wide flow patterns
- Comprehensive flow options
- Precise water movement control
At the heart of the VorTech`s success is its unique, patented, magnetically coupled design, that:
- Does not distract from the beauty of the tank and its inhabitants
- Leaves wires outside of the aquarium
- Does not add heat to the water column
- relieves the risk of electrical discharge harming people or marine life
- Is no hassle when it comes to installing, relocating or cleaning the powerhead
Builds on the unique advantages of the VorTech`s magnetically couple design and takes it to the next level. The revolutionary new drive system boasts increased efficiency and significantly reduces motor noise.
- All new driver
- More than 6 continuous operation modes
- Wave Auto Tune, Feed Mode & Night Mode
- 90% less motor noise compared to older MP40wES.
- Up to 40% more output
- Communicates with existing WWD and "W" EcoSmart Pumps
- Fully compatible with EcoSmart Live via optional ReefLink
- Flow: 4,500+ gph
- Power Consumption: 9 to 38 Watts
- Tank Range: 50-500+ gallons
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.75"
- Dryside Dimensions: 3" Diameter, 2.25" Height
- Wetside Dimensions: 3" Diameter, 3" Height
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.5"